Saturday, April 4, 2015

Deep in the Heart of Texas: Part Trois

Friday morning found us awake and ready to shop for a dining room table, a couch and a new bed frame for me. Unbeknownst to me it resulted in none of those said items beings bought. I instead bought a new Marilyn Monroe painting and hung it up outside my bathroom on the wall before people walked in. You’re welcome.

Friday night I found myself wanting… this hunger that a normal fast food trip couldn’t suffice. I wanted Chinese food, mainly I just wanted an egg roll but I guess a plate of Orange chicken would just as well work, and being that I didn’t know where to go, nor did I know if there was a Chinese place close to me, I called upon my sister for help.

“Get me Chinese food.”
“No.”
“I really want it.”
“Too bad. You’re fat. Eat some salad.”
“Please,” I urge.
“Fine. What do you want?”
“The original. You know what that is and if I have to say it again I’ll be very upset,” I said.

Twenty minutes or so later she brought me my food. That night I went to bed and started planning my next play.

Saturday morning I awoke to the sound of my mother crying. It was that unnatural cry to, like the heavy cry where the shoulders go up and down, you don’t move, don’t wipe the tears away and you have that vacant look in your eyes. I knew something was wrong.

“Mom?”
“The towed us.”
“Wait what?”
“They towed the fucking cars. I woke up and the cars are gone. Dammit,” she yelled.
“Well where’d they take them?” I said but really I was thinking, “Oh this is great. Maybe we can pack up and move back.”
“I don’t know. This sucks. This really sucks. You hate it here-”
“Basically.”
“Did I fuck up?”

And for once I didn’t have an answer.

My mother called my sister and my sister called her husband and we all went to the place where our cars were stored. I was as miserable as ever. I had my stuff packed and I was an inch away from saying “See ya later Texas.”

We got the cars back, after giving this twenty year old guy three hundred dollars, and we drove back to the apartment, me in the middle because that morning my tail light went out, and I unpacked my stuff.

“You can go back if you want” my mother said.
“To what? To who? If I go back I’ll change everything. No. I’ll stay but only until graduation. Then I’m out,” I say.

I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% Texas. My mother states that she’s about 95% Texas.


I feel like I’m at a comfortable 80%.

A couple of hours later that bitch at the leasing office emailed me saying "We have your parking permits here. Pick them up so you don't get towed. Thanks!" 

Did I say how much I hate apartments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment